Sunday 3 December 2017

Christmas Present









Today our challenge at CD Sunday was chosen by Pamela and it gives loads of scope on how you interpret it. You could make a card with an image of a  Christmas present or you could look at what a Present day Christmas means to you, or the changing Christmas traditions, we see far more Christmas Markets in our towns and a Christmas Eve showing of IT's A Wonderful Life or a Christmas Carol is becoming more popular especially in independent cinemas, as a family we have been to showings of both.
We also have the things we like to do in the run up to Christmas, I have Christmas themed novels I like to read and I especially love watching the Christmas films we have purchased over the years.

You can probably guess from my card that a Christmas Carol is a favourite film and reflects one of our Christmas Traditions.It's for my younger son who quite happily watches several of the versions we have. The banner is from The Graphics Fairy and the sentiment from Create with TLC ( Pauline offered to personalise the sentiment when I  purchased her Christmas Club digis a few years ago ) I added the Bah Humbug die cut by Crafter's Companion as a stopper .

Head on over to the challenge and see the other DT cards then please join us, as long as you use an element from a CD and name the CD you used you will be eligible for a top 3 pick and a prize from Pamela, I look forward to seeing your creations.


Challenges





24 comments:

Wynn said...

Great personalised Christmas card and I love your take on the theme. W x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous personalised card Meg, so individual it's great.
Lorraine

@d_e_crafts said...

Lovely project. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge.

Pamela said...

Great card Meg -I just love the backing paper. The personalised sentiment is a lovely touch.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Sarah said...

I love this card Meg and the Bag Humbug stopper is brilliant!! I am working my way through my Christmas films (one of the perks of Martin working odd hours, I get the remote controls at night!!). Arthur Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street have been ticked off the list...to be watched again and again, mind you!! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Meg, such a super image and great easel design - lovely papers.
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous card, just love the papers and the super sentiment.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous card Meg brilliant design and love the stopper. One of our favourite films too, so many remakes though, but the original with Alistair Sim is without doubt the best in my opinion, with the Muppets coming second, hope you are well Kate x

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, Very unusual image nice to see something different for a challenge

Jane Willis said...

Super card, really unusual - my Dickens fan mother would love this!
Jane

Aunty Sue said...

oh i love this and what a fabulous image thanks for the link have been and downloaded and thanks for sharing at craft this week come back soon.

Kath said...

A fabulous card Meg - visiting today with my DT hat on so thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

Alex said...

Great card. I love the background papers you used. Wonderful!

Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Merry christmas
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#12 – End of year }
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#12 – Anything goes}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {on beak until January 2018}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I love this card, its super, Im reading A Christmas Carol just now (again!!) Love Hazel x

Jo said...

Love that this is personal, I have a James too lol......a great image & a fab card shape too! x

Carol said...

Such a different card Meg. I love it and the background paper is perfect with the topper.
Carol
xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant personalised card and I love the quirky vintage image very Christmas Carol
Carol x

Pia S said...

Fun and original!

Jocelyn said...

Hello Meg, sorry to have taken so long to comment. I'm having a seasonal meltdown with all the things I need to get done at the moment. Anyway I love your card, reminds me of my favourite book this time of year - A Christmas Carol and I love that die cut. I've got that one too and I use it a lot!
Jocelyn x

Doris Klein said...

Wow... this is just awesome! I love the background papers! Wonderful easel card!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#12 – End of the Year)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
*DT* Die Traumfabrik
*GDT* ITD’s Creative Playground



Twingomaus said...

Very cool card.
Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Desire Fourie said...

Meg this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our 16th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS: Love the Create with TLC sentiment.