Saturday 22 September 2018

Imagine



My elder son is just home from a holiday in Florida, bearing a Jim Shore Figment ornament. We first saw Figment in the early 1990's at Epcot in Disney, and I believe that he has loved this character ever since. Figment is all about using your imagination and my son is very creative especially in writing, he has a post grad degree in journalism.

I meant to highlight the edges of both the image and sentiments with purple but had stuck them down before I remembered. My card is to say Thank You. Image coloured with Promarkers.



Challenges


https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.com/2018/09/week-38-anything-goes-colouring.html

https://craftaholicsrus.blogspot.com/2018/09/september-tags-challenge.html
https://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com/2018/09/challenge-368-anything-goes-with-option.html
http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/09/week-462anything-goes.html
https://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/09/24-bright-colors.html
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2018/09/cas-game-124-imagine.html


                                               animated-dragon-image-0172

25 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Chris said...

Figment is one of my favourites Too! Love this sweet card Meg.
Happy weekend!
Chris
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Meg,
such a great card and he is so gorgeous and such a great fun image.
Love the embossed background as well.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Afternoon Meg what a adorable card I love your topper and your colours are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing
Hugs Debs xx

Andrea W said...

Making cards using things we love is one of my favorite things about creating handmade cards. I'm sure your son will cherish it!

cotnob said...

A super card Meg, such a fun image - I often forget to do things before sticking my card together.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

So cute Meg, love your card, Kate x

Kathleen said...

A great card Meg, and a super image which really stands out agains the white, great EF too.

Kath x

Jane said...

That's a fun dinosaur and I love that you've coloured him in purple! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

aussie aNNie said...

Touch of brilliance here Meg, love this cute dinosaur in these colours too.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love that fun ride. Catching up after being away on holiday.

Priya said...

Such a cute and fun fun card

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love Figment never heard of him before though!
Carol x

Sarah said...

What a brilliant card Met!! Figment is gorgeous xx

scrappymo! said...

Great card for your thank you to your son. I do not think the sentiment always has to be on the front. Sometimes a card is finished before you get to that stage,...and that is why we have insides to cards!

Lynsey's craft by the ocean said...

Gorgeous card and colouring lovely pinks and purples, thanks for playing at colour crazy craft challenge, good luck with your entry. Hugs Lynsey GDT xx

Kuni said...

Stunning card and great colors.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Furrbster said...

This is fabulous, and I love the embossed background.

Thanks for playing along at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Pia S said...

I had to google Figment. I’m quite surprised I’ve never heard of him. Great CAs style, perfect for your son.

The Crafty Den said...

Fantastic CAS card Meg. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. The embossed background looks fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our 'anything goes' challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Shelly said...

What a lovely story behind your card, such a cute character too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers, Shelly

Julie said...

Fabulous! Love the image and your CAS layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week, good luck! JulieXX

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely CAS design Meg, I'm sure your son loved this.
Lorraine

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Unfortunately, we are a tag challenge, and the tag must not be part of a card design. But I'm sure your son will love this. Great coloring too.
Janis
Craftaholics R Us

LucieGCards said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet! And what a blast from the past - I remember seeing Figment in Epcot in the early 90's too! Love how you've coloured him! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!