Wednesday 23 January 2019

Salt technique at Back to Basics and Beyond






Good morning and welcome to today's Challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond   


Thank you to everyone who has been joining in the challenges , this fortnight we would like to see you use a" Salt Technique" there are loads of sites offering inspiration,see here and here.

My first card is a simple Thank You and made from the leftover strip from the second card which was left without a sentiment until I decide who to send it to.



We would love you to join in, pop over to the challenge site and see the other Design Team makes , look forward to seeing you there.


Challenges

http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/2019/01/first-challenge-of-new-year-ch-145-agno.html
https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/week-2-anything-goes-colouring.html
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/crafty-catz-challenge-445-atg-with.html
https://stampsfun-creativity.blogspot.com/2019/01/338.html
https://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/challenge-235.html
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/01/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-344.html
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2019/01/cas-game-132-up-to-one-third-masking.html
http://avenue613.blogspot.com/2019/01/challenge-217-anything-goes-optional.html




gif  from animated images



animated-thank-you-image-0053

25 comments:

Diane said...

Your card is simply beautiful...love the colors and the design! Your salt technique turned out so very pretty!!

Chris said...

Have never tried this technique Meg, judging by your beautiful cards the result is fabulous!
Chris
x

Tammy said...

Two beautiful cards Meg! I love the colors you used for your salt technique and both designs are gorgeous!
Hugs, Tammy

Liz said...

Gorgeous cards, Meg, the colours are beautiful. I must get round to trying this salt technique. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Meg wonderful cards, it's a super technique and your designs are brilliant, great colours too. Thank you for your kind comment, Kate x x

Catie Cuddles said...

Both beautiful cards. Love the simplicity of the squares one I particular.
C xxx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Meg, a great technique and fabulous CAS designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Never heard of this technique but the cards are beautiful

Pia S said...

Wow. So simple, so stunning. Less really is more...

pinky said...

Haven't tried this technique in a long time, must do it soon. Your cards are just beautiful. Lovely colour choices.

Kathleen said...

To be honest I have never heard of this technique but the results looks really great on your lovely cards.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Great technique and love your results and the silhouette stamp-love the design on the first card too.I have tried this once and definitely didn't work for me-might have to have another go-into revisiting all these old techniques at the moment
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the use of salt and a fabulous result and colours Meg.

Dawn Phillips said...

I love them both. I can't believe how different they are but they are the same element. Love Dawn x

KandA said...

Two beautiful cards Meg, the backgound you created is gorgeous and I LOVE the card you made with the leftover strip - CAS perfection xx

Di said...

So gorgeous Meg - another idea to try out! I do love the addition of the bird on a branch!

Hugs

Di xx

Lucille K said...

Such a simple and very pretty card, Meg :)

Sheryl said...

I love this! I have to say that this technique is new to me but having seen your beautiful card, I am definitely going to have a try. It is just amazing!
Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Jane said...

How amazing does that technique look! I love your pretty colours and beautiful CAS cards too. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you in our gallery again soon.

Sheryl said...

Congratulations you are one of this week’s Top Rockers at 613 Avenue Create - don’t forget to pick up your badge from the Top Rocker page.

Dawn Frost said...

LOVE the salt technique great card! Thanks for joining The Colour Crazy Challenge Good luck! Dawn Guest DT

Huny said...

What a wonderful idea, I love the AAA challenges, I'm new to them - but they push my crafting in another direction and your card certainly has opened up ideas.

Sian said...

Beautiful cards! I particularly love the silhouette with the salt background.

Andrea W said...

Terrific way to use your scraps! I love the bird card and it will be perfect for many different occasions. I'll have to try the salt technique, it looks fun.

Cheryl said...

Stunning CAS card! I love how you used scraps from your previous card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.